Friday 19 July 2013

Preparation is the Key!, Be Prepared



I’ve spend today preparing to attend the Without Borders 2013 Bible Week/Conference which is held at The Staffordshire County Showground near Stafford which starts tomorrow 20th July 2013.

I started ironing my clothes and putting them neatly, well fairly neatly in my suitcase about 7am this morning, being a typical man, I tend to leave things to the last possible moment.  I’ve had a mental list of things  to prepare for , I had a few extra’s to get like shorts and t-shirts, I realised this morning  that  I had only 3 pairs of clean socks, so decided to go to my local Asda and buy more socks. Phew!

Many years ago, I was in the Cubs, and the motto was "Be Prepared"

I decided what books to take and have got them ready to take with, I’ve remembered to pack my mobile and more importantly the phone charger, Yes, I’ve packed my Bible, well two Bibles,  I’m taking a study Bible as well,  this morning I packed 5 pairs of jeans, 5 shirts and t-shirts, 5 tops and jumpers, socks and underwear,  2 pairs of shorts and two polo shirts, 4 towels,  my toiletries, 2 pairs of shoes and clothes and shoes to wear to travel tomorrow,  I’ve even packed a waterproof coat in case it may rain and a hat because of the sun and I’ve been to the Cash Machine to take money out.

I did wonder, had I forgotten to prepare to take  anything else apart from the Kitchen Sink! And to be honest, I thought no,  I’m looking forward to spending quality time with my friends at my home church The Community Church, Southport and catching up with friends from other churches, but I had forgotten to do something in my busyness.

 I had forgotten to prepare my heart to see what the Lord wants to do in my life next week and in the lives of others. Yes in some ways Bible Week is a Holiday,  but also in many ways I’m spending time with my Lord, Saviour, Redeemer and  Friend, Jesus and am spending time with some of God’s people many of whom, I’ve been friends with and we have walked alongside in Covenant, Fellowship and Friendship for almost 20 years.

I’m looking forward in expectation to what God will do amongest us next week, and expecting God to move and touch lives including my own, and leave better than I went.

Joshua 3:5 “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.”


1 Peter 3:13 “Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”

No comments:

Today's post

Jesus Christ, The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

I had the privilege to be raised in a Christian Home and had the input of my parents and grandparents into my life, they were ...