Monday 18 August 2014

Vicky Beeching: I'd like to enter a gay marriage

Vicky Beeching: I'd like to enter a gay marriage







Worship leader and theologian Vicky Beeching has told Premier Christianity she'd eventually like to find a same sex partner and get married.
The Christian singer came out as gay yesterday at the age of 35.
Speaking to Premier she said: "I think my goal is to find a soul mate and get married.
"God said it's not good that people are alone and obviously that's rooted in a passage that most people think defends heterosexual marriage only, but for me, I just think it's a principle that God wants us to be in community and he's made most of us, unless we're called to celibacy, to find that other person.
"I would want to find a person to marry in a way that Paul describes - laying down our lives for one another.
"Someone that loves God, that has a strong Christian faith, that I can serve and they can serve me.
"I think that's something I've always missed, having that comrade and partner to run through life with.
"I think I'm ready to find that."
In an extended interview with Premier she said she still identifies herself as an Evangelical Christian.
"I think for me, Evangelicalism is rooted in many things," she said.
"Loving the Bible, having a high view of scripture, having a passion for social justice and wanting to share the good news about Jesus.


No comments:

Today's post

Jesus Christ, The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

I had the privilege to be raised in a Christian Home and had the input of my parents and grandparents into my life, they were ...