Wednesday 29 August 2007

Britain's First Gold Medal at World Athletics, "BBC News"



Christine Ohuruogu claimed Britain's first gold medal at the World Championships in Japan with a stunning victory in the women's 400m.


Fellow Briton Nicola Sanders won silver while Jamaican Novlene Williams, who led for most of the race, came third.


Ohuruogu, whose one-year ban for missing three out-of-competition tests expired earlier this month, looked out of contention on the back straight.


But the 23-year-old timed her run to perfection to win in 49.61 seconds.




"It will probably sink in later," said Ohuruogu, whose time is a new personal best. "For me I won a race - the fact that it is the worlds will sink in later.


"It was very tough, but I'm very proud of myself because I worked hard and I had an operation on both legs which was hard enough.


Read More, from the BBC News Website:


No comments:

Today's post

Jesus Christ, The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

I had the privilege to be raised in a Christian Home and had the input of my parents and grandparents into my life, they were ...