Wednesday 5 September 2007

College Update , God's Favour

With being a Student today, there are various finance options, including things like Student Loans and if you live and study in Wales, The Welsh Assembly Government give you a Tuition Fee Grant of up to £1,845, which just over 55% of the Tuition Fee of £3,070 a year, they also give you an Assembly Learning Grant of £2,765 a year, from which you pay £1,225 to top your Tuition Fee. * All depending on your income.* There's also a Student Loan for Maintenance costs of around £3,495

Because I only applied to go on the HND Computing (Information Systems) course, last week. I applied to Student Finance Wales online Friday evening, although I did request a Finance Application pack. Once I completed my online Application Form, I had a message to take some ID to my local Student Finance Dept, once I had done that, I needed someone to complete the form, to confirm that I'm actually who I say that I'm. (Thanks to my elders there, Mick Walford) I then posted the form back to my local Student Finance Dept. I was told it would take around 2 weeks to process the form, and my course starts in 2 weeks

* If you also think Mick is a great bloke,then join the Mick Walford Appreciation Society on Facebook*

I had already emailed some friends to ask them to pray about the Finances going through on time, I rang the Student Finance section, yesterday morning to see if they had received the ID Form and enclosed ID. I was asked to call back around 2pm, I rang some friends, yesterday morning to ask them to pray. I then called the Student Finance Dept, who then processed and assessed my application with me on the Telephone, and advised that I had been successful.

I then emailed and phoned all the friends I asked to pray, yesterday and today. I believe, as one of my friends said earlier, "It was a sign of God's Favour", that my application for finance was done in 2 days, not in 2 weeks.


Blessings

Blair

No comments:

Today's post

Jesus Christ, The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

I had the privilege to be raised in a Christian Home and had the input of my parents and grandparents into my life, they were ...