Wednesday 12 September 2007

Dr Who, a Messiah Figure, I don't think so !


I have no great desire to be controversial, but I have very serious concerns over plans by a Church in Cardiff, to hold a Dr Who themed communion service, using music and clips from Dr Who.

I am all for, engaging Society and reaching out to our neighbours, with the Gospel, but to describe Dr Who as " almost a type of Christ" well in my opinion is very, very wrong.


I'm a fan of Dr Who, and enjoy watching the show, although I do feel, that is a very strong moral theme to the show, at the end of the day, it's meant to entertain us.


To read further see below:-


Church hosts Doctor Who service

The church was used for filming an episode with a giant reaper creatureA church is to host a Doctor Who-themed communion service aimed at young people. St Paul's Church in Grangetown, Cardiff, was once used as a filming location for the BBC Wales-produced series.


The "cafe-style" service for people in their teens and early 20s, will feature music and clips from the hit show. One of the organisers Fr Dean Atkins, said as a saver of the world, Doctor Who was "almost a Messiah figure".


Two years ago, the Anglican church was used as a location for the Father's Day episode of the first series, in which a giant reaper creature attacked wedding guests at the church.


More:-

No comments:

Today's post

Jesus Christ, The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

I had the privilege to be raised in a Christian Home and had the input of my parents and grandparents into my life, they were ...