Sunday 5 January 2014

Words for The Wise, Perseverance and Plans






Jeremiah 29:10-14
 I will come to you and fulfil my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,’ declares the Lord, ‘and will bring you back from captivity.[a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,’ declares the Lord,

“2014 is a direct descendant of 2013. There are some things that happened that were out of your control, but there are other things that you have the power to change if you don't want 2014 to just be a re-run of 2013! The promises of God are not renewed just for a new year. The promises of God are new every second. The promises of God are determined by the people of God taking hold of them in faith."

Excellent, God-inspired words from Geoff Grice this morning!

Hebrews 10:35-36

35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded

36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised

No comments:

Today's post

Jesus Christ, The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

I had the privilege to be raised in a Christian Home and had the input of my parents and grandparents into my life, they were ...