Monday 3 August 2015

Why the real you is good enough

Why the real you is good enough



‘Why would any woman look at me, HopefulGirl?’ my pal
asked, miserably. ‘I’m short, I’m balding, I’m carrying a few extra
pounds, and I don’t earn much. I’ll never find love.’


I sighed, wishing my friend could see how effectively he
was sabotaging his own chances. It was clear to all his pals that the
reason he wasn’t having much success with women was nothing to do with
his height, hair, figure or salary (my last boyfriend was short,
balding, carrying a few extra pounds and didn’t earn much – and I was
crazy about him!). No, the problem was that he couldn’t believe he was
good enough – and it showed. His low opinion of himself was broadcast
loud and clear in how he spoke about himself, his body language and his
pessimistic outlook.

No comments:

Today's post

Jesus Christ, The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

I had the privilege to be raised in a Christian Home and had the input of my parents and grandparents into my life, they were ...