Tuesday 28 August 2007

A DEVOTIONAL STUDY September 2007, from the EXTREME PROPHETIC'S DEVOTIONAL CORNER


A DEVOTIONAL STUDY September 2007

Subject: "Do you know who you are?"

By Kyle Barr


STUDY INCLUDES:

A. Prophetic Encouragement


B. Devotional Teaching


C. Weekly Scripture Meditation



A. PROPHETIC ENCOURAGEMENT

Recently, while in prayer, the Lord showed me a vision. I saw a HUGE wall of water held back by a thin barrier, like a veil. As I looked closer, I saw how individuals had gone throughout time past and ripped holes in various parts of this barrier. These present holes represented past moves of the Spirit, where different individuals and ministries had created an opening; therefore, experiencing revival. However, these were only small openings compared to the fullness of the wave of revival to soon be released.


I then asked the Lord, “What needs to be done to allow the Sword of the Spirit to go before and rip the entire barrier from top to bottom?” The Lord said, “It begins with you. If you will let me search you out, every part, every broken piece, every hidden place, then I will come and bring healing and wholeness. If My Body will surrender, I will fill them with Righteousness and Purity. This will be what allows Myself to move in fullness. Because once the temple is cleaned and purified, I will allow my train to fill it. This wave will actually be YOU, walking in fullness of the Kingdom wherever you go.”


B. DEVOTIONAL TEACHING


Lately, I have been faced with the challenge of understanding who I really am and come to realize just how many lies and false beliefs I have about myself. Somewhere, I have allowed the enemy to decieve my heart and mind. But be encouraged, because the Spirit of Truth resides within you.


Jesus stated, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32 ESV)


So as we meditate and receive the living word of who God says we are, we become free in Christ. I’ve found knowing the truth and receiving this freedom births great confidence, boldness, and steadiness to stand no matter what may be around us or coming against us. I love the lyric from a Misty Edward’s song stating, “I’m in love with God and God’s in love with me. This is who I am and this is who I’ll be and that settles it completely.”


As we understand more of the truth of who we are, it allows us to advance the Kingdom to a greater degree. Because ultimately, we are created in His image and likeness, so by “knowing thyself” we are able to make Him known to others. In this, I believe God will expand our sphere of influence. Just as Peter’s shadow healed, the Body of Christ will walk in such an atmosphere of Kingdom reality.


This all goes back and fulfills God’s original decree: And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (Genesis 1:28) We will walk in true authority and dominion, reclaiming this earth and releasing the knowledge of the glory of God.


So if you desire to see the fullness of the Kingdom and this wave of revival, prepare yourself, for Christ is coming back for a Bride who has made herself ready. You are the revival, because Christ is in YOU-the hope of glory!!


C. SCRIPTURE MEDITATION


Week One: Song of Solomon 2:8-17


Week Two: Isaiah 61


Week Three: Matthew 28: 16-20, Mark 16: 14-18


Week Four: Acts 5: 1-16

No comments:

Today's post

Jesus Christ, The Same Yesterday, Today and Forever

I had the privilege to be raised in a Christian Home and had the input of my parents and grandparents into my life, they were ...